Deadline: September 26, 2022
If you are an early career professional or work along the value chains of Agro-Food Systems, under 35, with a record of engagement or expertise in Agriculture, Food, and Nutrition Security, then you should apply!
Food and nutrition security remains the most fundamental challenge to human welfare and economic growth in Africa. Unfortunately, Africa is not on track to meet the food security and nutrition targets of Sustainable Development Goal 2. In order to help address this issue, a renewed focus is required to address Food and Nutrition Security. The younger generation plays an important role in facing the challenges on access, availability, and use of food with more population growth, urbanization, globalization, and climate change ahead.
Youth voices are pivotal to ensuring Food and Nutrition Security in Africa and this year 2022 is a remarkable year for Nutrition where the African Union will commemorate it through the annual landmark event “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security” to be held from 31st October to 1 November 2022.
To this effect, it is important to raise youth voices and value their work in this sector. The Youth Consortium, a coalition of individuals and organizations, is organizing a side event on the topic, “Role of Youth as Human Capital Agents towards a Transformative & Resilient Agro-Food Systems in Africa” during the “Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security (ADFNS)” to be scheduled on 31st October 2022. It would be great to choose and announce a youth champion during this side event in Food and Nutrition security in Africa.
The Youth Consortium is pleased to launch a call for applications to identify, challenge and sustain a champion in Nutrition for this year, 2022.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35 years old,
- He or She has to be from one of the African Member States,
- Minimum two years of work experience in Agriculture, agro-food systems, or related field,
- Carrying an innovative project in Agriculture, agro-food systems, or related area to ADFNS that was implemented more than one year,
- Good communication skills in one of the African Union’s official languages,
- Ability and availability to travel to Mauritius during the ADFNS event or to connect online,
- Indigenous people, women, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged
- Recognition as 2022 Youth Champion in Nutrition,
- Cash prize of 1,000 USD and/or a Fully funded trip to the main event, Africa Day for Food and Nutrition Security 2022
- Promote his/her project during the event
Video Format and Upload
- The maximum length of the video is 3 minutes
- The video orientation must in landscape
- All entries must either be submitted in English or French, if in another language, including English subtitles.
- There is no entry fee
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, video clips, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
Questions to address in Your Video
- What Questions to Answer in Your Video
- Who are you and where you are from
- How do your work/activities relate to Nutrition and Food Security?
- What are you doing innovatively and sustainably to contribute to Nutrition and Food Security?
Video Upload Instructions
- Participants MUST FIRST upload their video (3mins max) on YouTube
- Share the YouTube Link of the video to your Twitter feed and tag @YouthConsort before Tweeting using the official campaign hashtags: #TheYouthConsortium #YearofNutrition #Youth4Nutrition