Deadline: March 13, 2022
The Young Leaders Fellowship Program is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity open to all young people between 18 – 26 from all over the world who wish to address community projects in the areas of education, health, and economic security. The year-long program prepares young people to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The program team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Young Leaders Must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify a project in their community in the area of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2022);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Complete the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, attending the one-month Virtual Learning program, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Submit a completed application on or before March 13, 2022 end of the day (NYC EST time).
- MCW Global’s Young Leaders Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to understand their local communities better. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a one-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 10-months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.