Deadline: December 31, 2022
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
Africa continues to make positive headlines relating to strong economic growth, improved attractiveness for investment as well as improved governance and leadership among other areas. Supporting this progress, the Accra Regional Leadership Centre (RLC), as part of the united states government initiative, the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), will offer an innovative and game-changing leadership training program in Africa.
Business and Entrepreneurship
This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
Civil Society Management
This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, or volunteerism.
Public Policy and Management
This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work in any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
- At the end of the program, participants will be awarded certificates and become members of the prestigious YALI Alumni
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various organizations, communities and countries.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all information applicants provide during the application process.