Deadline: November 13, 2022
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking, and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration.
The RLC SA develops the skills of young African leaders by providing core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three key areas: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership, and Public Management.
- Applicants should be aged between 18-35 years;
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent;
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business, Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership;
- Citizenship of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, or Zimbabwe;
- Ability to commit to a two-weeks online and three-weeks residential programme (Cohort 20) or seven weeks online for Online Programme (Online Cohort 15);
- English language proficiency.
The programme encourages application forms:
- Rural-based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region.
- Other minority groups.
Cohort 20 is hybrid, consisting of both online (February 13 – February 26, 2023) and in-resident (March 13 – April 2, 2023) & Online Cohort 15 is fully online (February 13 – April 2, 2023).
Application for Cohort 20 Programme and Online Cohort 15 Programme is open until November 13 2022 at 23:59 South Africa Standard Time.