Deadline: June 6 2022
The WTO established the annual WTO Essay Award for Young Economists in 2009. The award, which carries a prize of CHF 5,000, aims to promote high-quality economic research on the WTO and WTO-related issues and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
- In addition, to be considered for the Award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay.
- In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade.
- The award ceremony will take place on 8-10 September 2022 at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands.
- The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.