Deadline: May 20, 2022
The Write Her Future Scholarship 2022 application period is now open for submissions. Through the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Inspire Initiatives, a variety of financing possibilities are available to Black students and students of color, including the Write Her Future Scholarship powered by Lancôme.
For students seeking an undergraduate degree in a field related to Black and students of color who identify as female, this award is intended for them. The generosity of our supporters allows us to make significant progress in our efforts to ensure equity in educational opportunities, which helps kids achieve success in school, in work, and in their lives.
- The scholarship amount is $10,000. There are 40 scholarships available.
- Applicant must be a Black student or student of color.
- Applicant must identify as female.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolling in an accredited 4-year, tax-exempt academic institution.
- Applicant must be a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) member.
- Applicant must be a current participant in an active ACT-SO program.
- Applicant must complete the Write Her Future scholarship application and video prompt submissions through the Inspire Initiatives scholarship portal.
- Applicant must be available to travel July 14-17, 2022 if awarded the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at the end of June/beginning of July.
Applications are reviewed and scored by the Inspire Initiatives Committee, NAACP leaders who volunteer their time to read applications, review transcripts, and select recipients for approval. If selected, you will be notified through the Inspire Initiatives scholarship portal. Decisions of the selection committee are final and cannot be appealed.