Deadline: February 15, 2023
The international Residence Scholarship for the World Heritage site Decorated Farmhouse of Hälsingland (Hälsingegårdar) was established in 2018 by the Regional Assembly in Gävleborg.
The Scholarship is aimed at individuals who have an idea related to the UNESCO World Heritage list and are interested to connect the World Heritage site Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland with other World Heritage sites in an artistic, cultural, or researching way.
The World Heritage Scholarship is a residency that involves:
- Staying and living in one or two World Heritage farms for a period of one month.
- A grant of approximately 4,500 Euro (50,000 SEK) to carry out the idea/project in question.
- The scholarship is international and can be applied for by people from all over the world, such as researchers, artists, or other cultural actors.
- Region Gävleborg awards the Residence Scholarship for the World Heritage site Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland to a person who has an idea related to the UNESCO World Heritage list and can connect the World Heritage site Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland to another World Heritage site in an artistic, cultural or researching way.
- When you write your application, be as specific as you can when you describe your project. How and in what way are you planning to connect another World Heritage site with the Decorated Farmhouses of Hälsingland? In what way is your project interesting for the sites? To show that you have already done some research is also very important as ideas on how the project could enrich the actual sites as well.
- A good thing is to put a project name that clearly describes the project. Attachments with former work/projects are also very good to put in the application.