Deadline: 30 January 2022
WomHub in partnership with the British High Commission Pretoria is excited to open our call for applications to the Cyber Resilience Digital Access Program.
The Cyber Resilience Digital Access Program is an online, self-paced, and interactive course. The program aims to upskill and build cyber resilience for women entrepreneurs based in South Africa and their businesses, that have a digital presence. The impact of this program involves training ten (10) facilitators on cybersecurity who in turn will train thirty (30) women entrepreneurs. The program aims to increase the cybersecurity skills and resources of women-owned SMMEs in South Africa, enabling their effective management of cyber and data privacy risks.
The four (4) modules to be covered are:
- Module 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Module 2: Keeping Yourself Safe Online
- Module 3: Creating a Cybersecurity Protocol
- Module 4: Recovering When a Threat Has Been Found
Open Opportunity: Call for Participants
WomHub will select thirty (30) women entrepreneurs as part of the Cyber Resilience Digital Access Program. The successful candidates will be required to take a self-paced virtual course on cybersecurity supplemented with live chat sessions with our cyber experts. Your business’ vulnerability will be assessed and supported by the expert facilitators trained on the program.
- Applications are open to women entrepreneurs of South African nationality.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- Applicants must have businesses with a digital presence.
- Applicants must have no or limited cybersecurity protocols established in their businesses.
- Applicants must be able to commit a maximum of 4 to 7 hours of virtual interaction and engagements between 7 – 12 February 2022.
- Gain free and exclusive access to resources and content on cybersecurity and cyber resilience.
- Gain free and exclusive access to the WomHub Vulnerability Index. The vulnerability index provides a risk profile of a business from a technical, people, and process perspective. Applicants with the most vulnerability can benefit most from the program and will be considered first.
- Develop a cybersecurity protocol for your organization.
- Open interaction with like-minded entrepreneurs in the country.
- Access to one-on-one venture clinics with cybersecurity experts.
- Increased knowledge and understanding on how you can recover from cyber-attacks, keeping yourself and your business safe online.
Selection Process for WomHub.
- Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return it.
- The deadline for submitting completed applications is 30 January 2022, 23h59 GMT+2.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants and successful applicants will be contacted by 3 February 2022.
- Further details regarding the program delivery will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
Applications to participate in this Program are open.