Deadline: May 31, 2022
Through its WIA 54 program, WIA is committed to supporting 10,000 African women entrepreneurs by 2030 through training, mentoring, communication, and access to finance. Our goal is to contribute to the creation of 100,000 jobs and to contribute to the generation of $10 billion in revenue for the African economy by 2030.
The call for applications will run from February 22, 2022 to May 31, 2022.
Applicants must complete the application form, which has several sections:
– personal information;
– information about the company.
The application will be done in 2 steps – the WIA team will get back to the pre-selected candidates after step 1.
- A business created or led by an African woman
- First traction on the market (sales, number of users, funds raised)
- Be part of one of the 8 categories (primary business category)
- Innovative product, service or technology
- Proven business model scalability
- Strong growth potential
- Ambitious team with strong execution ability
- Market traction (revenue, number of users, funds raised)
- Potential impact in Africa
The Training phase
Once pre-selected and placed in the appropriate training pathway, you will participate in a virtual orientation program to learn more about the process and we will share with you the timelines and resources available for success.
You will take part in our rigorous business management training and coaching sessions, which consist of a balanced mix of stand-alone online learning and webinar-style training.
Weekly multiple-choice questions will track your performance. At the end of the training phase, women entrepreneurs will again be pre-selected to participate in the mentoring phase.
The mentoring phase
Selected entrepreneurs will receive a business and financial plan template that will help them complete their business plan and then review it with their mentor.
After the TRAINING and the PRESENTATION OF THE BUSINESS PLAN, the laureates will be able to move on to the next step: the PITCH COMPETITION