Deadline: February 24, 2023
Stop Hunger and Women In Africa believe in the potential and determination of women to lift the most vulnerable communities out of hunger – together they created the Women for Zero Hunger programme, in order to support associations fighting against hunger and food insecurity in Africa.
Launched in 2016, Women In Africa (WIA) is the first international platform dedicated to the economic development and support of African women entrepreneurs. At WIA, we are convinced that Pan-African women contribute greatly, through their actions, to the change and impact they bring to the continent’s progress.
Stop Hunger is Sodexo’s sole philanthropic cause and works for a hunger-free world. Initiated in the United States in 1996 by Sodexo collaborators, the movement has grown globally, now present in 60 countries, working hand in hand with more than 300 NGOs.
- Three selected associations will take part in a 6-month personalized mentoring programme run by Stop Hunger and Women in Africa.
- The three non-profit organizations will receive €5,000 each. At the end of the mentoring period, one of the three finalist associations will be chosen by the jury members on the basis of pre-established criteria and will receive an additional €5,000 in financial support.
- In addition, the representative will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger evening in Paris to receive a trophy and benefit from a crowdfunding operation during the event.
- The program is accessible to existing associations for at least 3 years
- The association must be African or represented in an African country
- The association must work in one to several African Anglophone and/or Francophone countries
- Number of beneficiaries of the association
- Quality of the “solution”
- Scalability of the “solution”
- Beneficiaries: the solution must primarily benefit women or girls.
Non-profit organizations are invited to apply by completing a detailed selection questionnaire. The top 10 non-profit organizations will be pre-selected by Women In Africa (WIA) before being presented to the international jury of the program, which will select three associations.