Deadline: April 25, 2022
Funding for previous Wolfson grant holders to become more energy efficient. The Sustainability Fund is intended for organizations that have been awarded a capital grant from the Wolfson Foundation before January 2020 and who need to improve the environmental and financial sustainability of their buildings.
The grants can cover refurbishment, maintenance works, and equipment that have environmental benefits. This could include installing solar panels, heat pumps, green roofs, energy-efficient glazing, boilers, or LED lighting.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Charities working with disability, mental health or older people.
- Hospices and palliative care organisations.
- Historic buildings and landscapes.
- Libraries and archives.
- Museums and galleries.
- Performing arts organisations.
Although there is no cap on the size of charities that can apply to this program, it is likely that priority will be given to smaller organizations with greater reliance on voluntary or earned (eg, local authority fees) income.
An online Q&A session will take place on 5 April 2022 (12:45 to 13:30). Registration is required and can be done through the Wolfson Foundation website.
There will be two funding rounds: one in the spring and the other in the autumn. There is a one-stage application process. The Foundation aims to make quick funding decisions.
The funding is provided in addition to the Foundation’s existing programs of support.
- Grants will be awarded in the range of £10,000 to £50,000 with up to 100% of funding offered, including irrecoverable VAT. The total project cost should be between £10,000 and £75,000. No match funding is required, although projects over £50,000 will need to indicate the source of their additional funding.
The application window for Round 1 runs from 30 March to 25 April (17:00) with decisions by 15 June 2022.
A free webinar will be held on 5 April 2022 (12:45 to 13:30) during which the fund will be introduced and questions about the application and assessment process will be answered by the Wolfson Foundation team. Registration is required and can be done through the Wolfson Foundation website.
There is a one-stage application process. The Foundation aims to make decisions quickly for this fund.
Applications are to be made online via the Wolfson Foundation grant application portal.
There will be two funding rounds:
- Round 1 opens to applications on 30 March 2022 with a deadline of 25 April 2022 (17:00). The funding decision will be no later than 15 June 2022
- Round 2 opens to applications on 30 September 2022 with a deadline of 25 October 2022 (17:00). The funding decision will be no later than 15 December 2022.