Deadline: June 30, 2022
The goal of the Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant is to provide one-time assistance to new and existing businesses opening a new location or expanding operations in a vacant commercial space.
The program will provide grants to approved entities with the capacity to deploy rapid-response grants to businesses opening locations in vacant commercial spaces. The grants are to assist the business with costs associated with leases, mortgages, operational expenses, and other business costs related to the newly opened location. Grants to businesses provide immediate recovery funding from the American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA) and lead to improved odds of a business opening or expanding and remaining open long-term. WEDC will contract with approved entities to distribute and administer these grants in their respective geographic areas of the state.
The Wisconsin Tomorrow Main Street Bounceback Grant program funds are available to for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations meeting the following criteria:
- Must be located in a region where the approved entity has received an allocation.
- Must certify that the business has not or will not vacate a commercial space in Wisconsin to become eligible to claim this grant.
- Businesses are ineligible to apply for the grants if they are:
- Part of a national or regional chain, unless the business is an independently owned and operated franchise
- A home-based business or property landlord, unless they are moving their business functions into the vacant commercial space
- Real estate investment firms that intend to hold the property for investment purposes only
- Engaged in any illegal activity under federal, state or local law
Or if they intend to use the space for:
- Storage only
- Residential purposes
- Provides funding up to $50,000,000