Deadline: February 15, 2022
Wellcome Early-Career Awards provides funding for early-career researchers from any discipline who are ready to develop their research identity. Through innovative projects, they will deliver shifts in understanding that could improve human life, health, and wellbeing. By the end of the award, they will be ready to lead their own independent research program.
You can apply to this scheme if you are an early-career researcher and you are ready to design, plan and deliver your own innovative research project that aims to:
- advance understanding in your field
- develop methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
During the award, we expect you to:
- expand your technical skills and/or your experience of different research methodologies or frameworks
- build a collaborative network with other researchers in your field
- develop your people management skills
- advance your understanding of how to complete research responsibly and promote a positive and inclusive culture.
Your research can be in any discipline – including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), experimental medicine, humanities and social science, clinical/allied health sciences, and public health – as long as it has the potential to improve human life, health, and wellbeing, and aligns with our funding remit.
Wellcome Early-Career Award provides a salary for the grantholder and up to £400,000 for research expenses. The award usually lasts for 5 years, but may be less for some disciplines, such as humanities and social science.