Deadline: November 15th
The Western Union Foundation Fellowship is for next-generation entrepreneurs and community leaders from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
This 16-week-long program is designed to equip these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity, have the opportunity to earn seed funding, integrate into their communities, succeed in the evolving nature of work, and transform their communities.
This program is offered with virtual and in-person components that allow fellows to take advantage of the global cohort while also focusing on creating local impact within their communities. Virtual programming includes Impact Series, workshops, and weekly check-ins. In-person programming includes local Fellow-led Basecamps and a Fellow-led meetup.
- $40,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the Western Union Foundation Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- The Western Union Foundation Fellowship is for next-generation high-promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience in building community development projects within these communities.
- Fellows must be able to commit to being part of the 16-week program from January 17th to May 5th, 2023. There is a 2-week intensive (20-25 hours per week) followed by a 14-weeks of weekly programming (5-8 hours per week). Fellows will be given a stipend and spend an additional 80-100 hours implementing a 3-day intensive program called Basecamp.
They are looking for applicants from the following countries:
- Mexico, Kenya, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria (Nigerians who are working with the highly marginalized, refugee, and immigrant populations), United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, and Afghanistan.
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 5 short essay questions
- Your application will be reviewed: Applications will be reviewed within 2-weeks of submission. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The final application deadline is November 15th.
- You will be invited to an interview: Applicants moving forward in the process will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview.
- Enrollment process: We will send out final admission decisions and enrollment agreement within 2-weeks of the interview.