Deadline: November 12, 2022
The WAAW Foundation’s Annual Scholarship Programme aims to support need-based African Females Students Studying any Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related course at the university, college, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
WAAW(Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with an operational office in Wylie, Texas. Its mission is to increase the pipeline of African women entering Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa.
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy/Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.