The Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship (prior to 2023 named the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship) was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization, and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes1 at the University of Waikato.
The University welcomes applications for the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship from international students who are new to studying at Waikato, and who are currently in New Zealand or will be coming to study here for face-to-face study in 2022/2023. The University is currently reviewing its suite of scholarships and discounts for 2023 and will update this information as soon as the review is completed.
All new international students (excluding CLC students) who wish to commence their studies online in 2022 will instead be automatically awarded a 20% discount on their tuition fees and will receive a travel grant once the borders have reopened and they transfer to New Zealand for face-to-face studies. There will be a limited number of qualifications that will commence on campus in November 2022, or you can commence on campus in all of our available programs from March 2023. Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time and decisions will normally be made within 8 to 12 weeks of the time of application.
- The Scholarships are tuition fee credits and have a value of up to NZD$15,000 for undergraduate students and up to NZD$15,000 for postgraduate students, and are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic achievement.
- Successful applicants will be called upon to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
The applicants must:
- be applying to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme1, as a new international student at the University of Waikato.
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for a degree packaged with the
Certificate of Attainment in the English Language; the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies; Certificate of University Preparation International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University of Waikato);
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato.
- not currently enrolled at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate programs not have paid fees at the time of application.
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
- Students who study online with the University are not eligible to apply for the International Excellence Scholarship, with the exception of students who choose to study at the Waikato China Learning Centre (CLC) at Hainan University.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram group to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas