MAX is on a mission to fix Africa’s notorious last-mile delivery and online-retail problems by using mobile and web platforms to connect consumers, retail businesses and independent drivers in real-time. We are eliminating all logistics and technology barriers that have historically prevented retail businesses in Africa from realizing their full potential.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- This position will lead the Prospect Verification efforts and initiatives of MAX. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build strategies to aid the Growth process, through nimble verification initiatives that ensure achievement of revenue goals and targets, while minimizing our exposure and risks to non-quality ventures.
- The Verification Manager will be someone who brings a proven track record in successfully leading Background Checks and Verification Processes in established Organizations.
- The ideal person should be someone who has the ability to think beyond the ‘transactional’ and provide ‘big picture’/strategic thinking.
- This person will bring a blend of management, strategic thinking, and business growth skills.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain a thorough technical understanding of current verification operational systems / processes and policy requirements within MAX Operations
- Identify, recommend and, as appropriate, oversee the implementation of continuous efficiency improvements to the verification policies and procedures.
- Lead verification actions on fraud, waste and abuse claims and conduct internal and external Verifications concerning allegations.
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls within the verification team to ensure high level of quality assurance compliance.
- Work cooperatively with all units to meet operational and team objectives.
- Ensure all application data is accurately verified in terms of laid down procedures and a full audit of the applications is completed to ensure internal fraud is prohibited.
- Verify captured applications against the physical documents.
- Ensure all Investigation, verification and research procedures are properly achieved in line with organizational work strategy
- Carryout proper Investigation and Identify discrepancies on the application documents as well as the supporting documents.
- Improve External Customer Experience via targeted process improvement.
- Supervise and monitor field representatives.
- Perform adequate Champion and Customer due diligence check as required.
- Conduct strategic enhanced due diligence review.
- Skillfully conduct Skip tracing to unveil false or true identity.
- Performance of Character check and address tracing as officially required
- 6+ years’ professional experience in background checks, or security teams, spy craft or other similar security-focused work.
- 4 years of experience in leading objective investigations, especially criminal investigations will be an advantage.
- Internal investigations and/or Verification experience within an International development organization will be an added advantage.
- Accounting or Finance certification is preferable
- Ability to make discretionary judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Highly developed and proven communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Experience of running multiple projects concurrently
- Continuous need to be flexible, adaptable and able to multitask
- Trustworthy and absolute discretion required at all times
- Strong problem solver, with hands-on approach to plan and execute well
- High levels of energy and drive, willingness to work hard
- Must have the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Detail oriented, ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel 30 – 50%
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Premium Health insurance cover
- Flexible work and hybrid working model
- Frequent performance chats & reviews and professional development opportunities
- High performing & passionate team members + fun work culture!