Deadline: December 10, 2021
Adanian Labs has launched the Adanian Labs Venture Building Program call for Tech startups for 2022. The program invites applications from tech entrepreneurs for the 2022 cohort of exceptional startups to join Adanian Labs in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Nigeria, and South Africa.
Since its establishment in 2020, Adanian Labs has incubated fourteen (14) groundbreaking tech startups across sectors; have established a first in Africa partnership with Emurgo Africa, a vehicle of EMURGO, the commercial arm of Cardano, and have raised seed funding for 4 of its existing startups. Some of these notable startups include:
- Afya Rekod (https://bit.ly/3kYpdLK) – a consumer-driven digital health data platform
- Phema Agri (https://bit.ly/3FK3BdZ) – an agriculture crowdfunding platform
- Paylend (https://bit.ly/3DJu0I4) – an SME credit lending solution and others such as Twaa (https://bit.ly/3nJi5EP), eCobba (https://bit.ly/3HMOlyv), Reward Adz (https://bit.ly/3ln5BBd), Bloow and Ada Animation (https://bit.ly/3HOyZcO).
As a smart technologies lab, Adanian Labs has two centers of excellence on AI and Blockchain, AICE Africa (AI Center of Excellence Africa) (https://bit.ly/3xcUBe4) and The Africa Blockchain Center (The ABC) (https://bit.ly/3oTh0JJ) to help achieve its mission of actuating the technology revolution in Africa.
The Adanian Labs venture building program offers a blend of technology development, technical support, business mentorship, access to market, partnerships, and funding while helping startups apply lean principles in processes, learning, iteration, and scaling of their innovations.
Adanian Lab’s mission is to build 300 impact-driven tech startups that are commercially viable and scalable across the continent and beyond, with a vision to create an exponential impact on the African economy through youth empowerment.
- The program is open to vibrant technology-based startups with a prototype that can be further developed. Ideal startups should have high impact potential and be led by passionate entrepreneurs whereas youth and women are encouraged to apply.
- Adanian Labs uses its unique positioning to provide critical support for startups through an evolving socio-economic ecosystem revolving around the sharing of resources, creation, production, distribution, trade, and consumption.
- The venture-building program will run for 12 months and includes startups incubated at Adanian Lab’s respective country offices (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Nigeria, and South Africa) with $120,000 worth of pre-seed funding.