Deadline: February 20, 2022
Every year, UNHCR searches for a person or an organization with exceptional dedication and commitment in supporting people who are refugees, internally displaced, or stateless. That person or group wins the UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award.
The nomination period for the 2022 UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award is now open. It will run until midnight CET on February 20, 2022.
Nominate now if you know an inspiring individual or group making a difference.
- The laureate or the winning organization receives US$ 150,000 to invest in their humanitarian work.
- Additionally, four regional winners from each global region outside of the laureate’s region are selected and honored with a certificate and a local event.
Candidates may be individuals, groups or organizations. Every Nansen Refugee Award laureate and regional winners spend an extraordinary amount of time and effort to help the forcibly displaced:
- The nominee’s work goes beyond the call of duty and outside of normal activities;
- The nominee’s work demonstrates courage – they might at times face a personal risk for his/her/their work;
- The nominee’s work has a direct positive impact on the lives of forcibly displaced or stateless people;
- The work is connected to a major displacement issue or situation.
- Current or former UNHCR employees are ineligible.