Deadline: July 1, 2022
Application is open for the Industry Awards. As society emerges from years of pandemic, IT finds itself ever more central to our personal and working lives. IT professionals have never been more crucial to the functioning of businesses and society. The UK IT Industry Awards is designed to celebrate and promote the organisations, teams, projects, technologies and individuals who have given so much, and those who continue to help shape the future of IT, our industry and digital society. Technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and there are hundreds of events dedicated to recognising success – but only one boasts the professionalism, scale and recognition to lead the way; The UK IT Industry Awards.
The UK IT Industry Awards are the largest and most well-known event in the technology industry calendar. Owned and operated by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and Computing , the awards enjoy a level of professionalism and industry knowledge not seen at other shows. From transport apps and online shopping baskets to literally saving lives, modern IT impacts all of us. BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and Computing exist to celebrate the role of the IT team: the positive impact it has on business and the wider world. As a brand, we champion that, and the UK IT Industry Awards are there to recognise and lionise the people who are creating a better world through IT.
- The Awards are open to organisations that have a substantial base in the UK, or where the product or service is marketed within the UK. For individual entries, people should work for a substantial portion of their time in the UK.
- You may enter one or more of the categories.
- All material submitted will remain strictly confidential to the judges.
- Descriptions of submissions from winners and finalists will be published in connection with the Awards. Entrants may, however, mark certain sensitive parts of their entry ‘not for publication’ such as exact budget figures/financial results etc.
- Entries may be withdrawn at any point up to 5 July 2022 upon written request.
- The judges reserve the right to amend category selections where appropriate.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry not accompanied by the appropriate supporting documentation.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into before or after the judging, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback.
- BCS/Incisive Media are not liable for any costs incurred by applicants in the evaluation and judging process.
- Entries not made through the on-line submission system will not be accepted.
- The winners and highly commended of each category will be announced at the presentation of the awards; under no circumstances will the details be disclosed before that time.
- Entries received after the final closing date will not be accepted.
- Entries will only be accepted if accompanied by either the early bird entry administration fee of £165 (+ VAT) or the general entry fee of £249 (+VAT). The fee is payable for each entry made. Entries must be fully completed with supporting documents, if applicable.
Winners at the UK IT Industry Awards are chosen based on more than the strength of a written entry, by a panel of judges drawn from the list of sponsors. All UK IT judging is done 1-2-1 by multiple panels of IT leaders that are rigorously, stringently independent. Instead of reading the work of marketing teams, these judges question IT professionals themselves and mark them as peers. As a result, winners are celebrated for genuine success.
This unique process adds an astonishing level of tension for entrants, but ensures that the winners are genuinely leading their chosen field.