The Transforming Nigerian Youths program aims to create a network of entrepreneurial and managerial change-makers specifically youths and women across the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector in Nigeria. This program is brought to Nigeria by the Young Africa Works-Mastercard Foundation in partnership with the Enterprise Development Centre, Pan-Atlantic University.
EDC is teaming up with the Foundation to build the capacity of 40,000 MSMEs with a special focus on agriculture and creative sectors especially women-led businesses in Nigeria. The training will be delivered via EDC’s online learning platform and IVR( Interactive Voice Response) to enable all learners to take part in the lessons on the go wherever they are.
The following are the core objectives of the program:
- To completely transform the mindset of youths in Nigeria to become more entrepreneurial, and to equip them to be self-employed or job creators.
- To create market access and provide support services to existing business owners especially those being run by young people.
- Change the way learning or information is received in Nigeria through EDC Beam.
- Provided a personalized Plan for your business growth.
- Opportunity for rewards such as Free Website Design, Google my Business profile
- Free Access to Market
- One-on-One Advisory Services
- Free Data to browse for the training
- A chance to participate in sector-specific competitions
- Access to information on funding opportunities.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria with a business or an idea
- Applicants must be in the range of 18-35 years old