Deadline: May 31st, 2022
Are you the founder of an early-stage company that is developing solutions to modernize manufacturing and advance sustainable production?
Help make the factory of the future a reality sooner, and jump-start your startup by getting your product or service in front of the Toyota Ventures team. We’re looking to invest in promising companies that are creating technologies to enable smarter, flexible, connected factories that will amplify people and improve efficiency and sustainability.
If that sounds like your startup, the 2022 call for innovation is an opportunity to receive between $500,000 and $2 million in venture capital funding from Toyota Ventures through our Frontier Fund or Climate Fund. In addition, we’re partnering with Toyota’s Manufacturing Project Innovation Center (MPIC) and Toyota Research Institute, and selected startups might also get a chance to collaborate with Toyota on a proof-of-concept project.
Software and/or hardware solutions are welcome, and some of the areas we’re exploring include:
- 3D simulation
- Artificial intelligence and computer vision
- Augmented reality
- Additive manufacturing
- Robotics software and/or hardware (adaptive robots; collaborative robots; autonomous mobile robots)
- Solutions to improve energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint in factories
- Technologies to advance electrification and battery manufacturing
- Cybersecurity and data analytics
- Worker training and safety tools
If your company fits our investment thesis, you have a working prototype and viable business model and haven’t raised more than $10 million in outside funding, we encourage you to apply to the call.
We are actively reviewing applications on a rolling basis, now through May 31, 2022. Since this is not a contest or competition, all applications will be subject to our usual rigorous review standards. Therefore, we cannot guarantee we will make an investment.
The call for innovation is open to startups around the world that meet the following criteria:*
- Your company has raised less than $10 million USD in funding
- You have a working prototype to demonstrate your solution
- Your business model solves a market need and delivers value to customers
How to Participate
With our call for innovation, we are looking to invest $500K – $2M in early-stage startups that are developing solutions that will help smart automation and sustainable manufacturing. Please review the following guidelines carefully before applying; by submitting the form, you are agreeing to these terms and the Application Terms:
- To respond to this call, submit the application form below. Only one application per company, please. All applications are subject to the Application Terms.
- Your startup must meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, and be looking to raise capital within the next six months.
- The call for innovation is not a contest or competition, and there are no “prizes.” It is an opportunity to get your startup’s solution in front of the Toyota Ventures team. Toyota Ventures is not agreeing to compensate you in any way as a result of applying, and all eligible participants are subject to standard diligence before any investment is made.
- By applying, you acknowledge that you are giving Toyota Ventures, Toyota Research Institute, and other Toyota affiliates the right to review the information you have submitted and to request additional information from you as needed to further evaluate your startup.
Click Here To Apply
Join our telegram grow to get hot business funding opportunities, business tips & business ideas