Deadline: June 17, 2022
The Flywire Charitable Foundation aims to improve equality, access and affordability for underrepresented individuals and communities. For the 2022 academic year, eight total scholarships of $5,000 USD each will be awarded across the following themes:
Global health: As individuals and communities around the world continue to overcome the challenges of a global pandemic, it’s clear that there is a strong need for innovative approaches to improve global health. These scholarships will be awarded to students who are committed to improving health outcomes and quality of life for individuals all over the world.
Global citizenship: As global conflicts have escalated across the world stage, this year has uncovered the importance of elevating humanity when addressing challenges across social, political, and economic issues. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who embody their own definition of being a global citizen with the purpose of making a positive impact on their community and the world.
- The scholarships are open to Undergraduate & Graduate students worldwide.
- Matriculating and currently enrolled students are welcome to apply.
- Open to all majors.
- Each student can only apply to one of the four scholarship categories.
- Applications MUST be submitted by Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST / Saturday, June 18th 3:59 PM GMT. Please note that any applications submitted after this point will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Winners will be notified via the email provided by Monday, July 25th.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed directly to your institution shortly thereafter.
How to Apply
All eligible applicants must complete the application form.
Submission of an essay responding to the below prompt is required within the application form.
Essays should be one-page typed (12-point standard style font, 1-inch margins) in PDF format. All applications must be submitted in English.
In your comprehensive essay, please provide clear answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself: what are you studying and at what school?
- What hurdles have you had to overcome to pursue your studies?
- What do you hope to achieve with your education and how does it relate to the theme of the scholarship you have selected?
A select committee of Flywire Charitable Foundation members and diverse global Flywire employees will review each application individually. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Adherence to Prompt:
The applicant meets all requirements, clearly addresses the questions posed by Flywire, and demonstrates how their studies relate to the scholarship they have selected.
The applicant provides a clear overview of their personality, interests and values and shows evidence of determination and resilience when faced with obstacles.
The applicant describes their personal, academic and/or career goals and indicates how their educational pursuits are helping them achieve stated goals.