Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
Thought For Food is partnering with world-leading organizations, offering additional prizes, and unveiling a new & improved TFF Digital Labs to drive and scale locally-relevant solutions for our planet’s most pressing challenges.
As the world’s most-diverse and impact-focused food and agri-tech innovation challenge, the TFF Challenge® calls on next-generation innovators and entrepreneurs in every region of the world to submit solutions that address the question: “How do we feed 10 billion people on a hotter planet?”
All participants gain access to the TFF Digital Labs™, a first-of-its-kind digital collaboration and startup acceleration platform that provides on-demand access to leading industry experts, resources, and interactive experiences.
The platform supports innovators at every stage of their journey – from idea through to incorporated startup – and has recently undergone a significant upgrade to offer increased functionality and world-class content that covers critical topics related to entrepreneurship, leadership, systems thinking and innovation.
Teams are encouraged to sign up to the TFF Challenge® as early as possible, so they can benefit from TFF’s programs and community and gain a leading edge in winning this year’s prizes such as:
- $30,000+ USD in cash grants from TFF and partners
- Invitation to the TFF Academy, a personalised 3-month acceleration program with hands-on mentoring, pitch training, and industry introductions
- Professional production of a short documentary film about solutions
- Chance to pitch to investors and industry leaders at the global TFF Summit
- Additional perks offered by TFF’s broad network of partners, including licenses to software, datasets, and training sessions
- Access to life-changing connections from TFF’s global change-maker community
In addition, Thought For Food is working with visionary leaders including Cargill, Danone, DSM and GFI APAC to discover and drive forward solutions in strategic areas of interest. All TFF Challenge® participants can “opt-in” to one of the following Topical Tracks for the chance to win additional prizes sponsored by the partners:
- Resilient Restaurants: How do we create accessible technologies and resilient value chains that support a thriving restaurant industry, especially for small business owners? (sponsored by Cargill)
- Circular Economy of Food: How can we make food production and consumption truly circular by designing out waste, empowering communities, building resilience, and regenerating ecosystems? (with Danone)
- Next-Gen Cropportunities: How do we build diverse, regenerative, and inclusive supply chains that promote and increase the value, utilization, and diversity of use of regionally-relevant crops in Southeast and East Asia for alternative protein purposes? (with GFI APAC)
- Nutrition in Africa: How can we build impactful solutions that improve health and nutrition, while building better food systems for Africa? (with DSM)
- AgTech Innovation: How do we build the farm of the future that incorporates cutting-edge, right-sized technologies that address climate change, enhance farmers’ lives, automate production, increase supply chain transparency, and accelerate breeding?
The TFF Challenge® is open to all kinds of solutions – beyond and inclusive of the above-listed Topical Tracks. Participants should join as teams of 2-5 with members between the ages of 18-40. It launches April 12th and final pitch submissions are due on May 28th.
Over the 7-week TFF Challenge® period, participants have access to curated, on-demand digital content, weekly entrepreneurship and topic-related live sessions that feature industry leaders and successful startups, as well 24/7 support.
In mid-June, 10 Teams will be selected as Global Finalists. They will then take part in the TFF Academy™, a three-month startup acceleration program that TFF has built for startup success in the food and agricultural sector.
The TFF Academy™ focuses on business model development, pitching, storytelling, team building, and how to make a positive impact on people and the planet. This culminates with the chance to pitch to investors, corporates, and other potential partners at the TFF Summit™ in early October.