Deadline: 01 March 2022
Take your journalism skills to the next level and deepen your understanding of environmental issues by applying for the 2022-2023 Ted Scripps Fellowships in Environmental Journalism. Five accepted candidates will audit courses, participate in field trips and weekly seminars, and work on a significant project. These positions are offered by the Center for Environmental Journalism, part of the College of Media, Communication and Information at the University of Colorado Boulder.
The fellowship is open to full-time journalists working in any medium who are interested in deepening and broadening their knowledge of environmental issues. It is aimed at outstanding journalists committed to a career in professional journalism.
Employment begins at the start of the Fall 2022 semester and runs for nine months through the end of the Spring 2023 semester. All university breaks and holidays will be observed.
Please note: Fellowship activities may need to be modified depending on the status of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of full-time professional journalism experience and must also have a BA or BS college degree, at minimum.
- Applicants may include reporters, editors, producers, photojournalists, documentarians, and feature writers.
- Both salaried staff and full-time freelancers are welcome to apply.
- Prior experience in covering the environment is not required.
- Applications from international applicants are accepted. Please note that prior to applying, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States in order to be eligible for this position.
- This position is a 45% appointment and is eligible for paid sick leave only (it is not eligible for medical, dental, retirement, or tuition assistance benefits).
- The program provides a $71,000 stipend. It also covers tuition and fees, and attendance at the annual SEJ and NASW conferences.
- Paid sick leave and bus pass for use locally and regionally.
- The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.