Deadline: May 29, 2022
Applications for the SuaCode Intro to Programming Course are invited to the June 2022 cohort. SuaCode is a smartphone-based online course that teaches coding in English and French to Africans with little or no programming experience through the SuaCode Android app. A total of 100 learners will be selected at the end of the first week to receive full scholarships sponsored by the EdTech AI startup, SuaCode.ai.
Learners will be introduced to basic coding concepts over 4 weeks while spending about 5 – 7 hours a week reading lesson notes, completing quizzes and assignments, while building a smartphone app — a pong game — in the process. And then get a verifiable certificate at the end. Also, learners get to interact with other Africans in the course forum and get answers to questions from Kwame, the AI Teaching Assistant.
- Selected learners will receive merit and need-based scholarships at the end of the first week based on a combination of their:
- Quiz and assignment performance and
- Helpfulness to other SuaCoders in the forum
- Learners who complete the course will receive a verifiable and shareable certificate
- Learners who complete assignments with outstanding performance and proactively help other learners on the course forum will have the opportunity to get exclusive mentoring sessions with professionals from tech companies such as Amazon, Google, and Facebook
- Open to young Africans (13 years and above);
- Applicants should have an Android device and a commitment to learning;
- The program will be in both English and French, so knowledge of any of the languages is required.
- Enroll in the “Introduction to Programming (April)” course on the SuaCode Android app.
- Make sure you tick the option for “Request for Scholarship” and for the “Reason” section, write a short paragraph telling them why you need the scholarship and how the course will benefit you.