Application deadline Dec 31, 2021
About GroFin: GroFin is a pioneering development financier specializing in financing and supporting small and growing businesses (SGBs) across Africa and the Middle East. GroFin combines patient capital and specialized business support to grow emerging market enterprises.
SGB Fund: First of its kind, uncapped, and unlimited-life fund to support the growth of small and growing businesses in Africa. Officially launched by GroFin on September 23rd, 2015.
- 80 – 100 investments per year at an average deal size of USD $100,000- USD $1.5 million in local currency. The fund typically provides finance in the form of medium-term loans.
- Over 10 years the growing SGB portfolio will sustain 32,000 employees as part of its impact.
- A specialist fund manager with a proven track record and local capacity in 10 countries in Africa.
Eligibility criteria: Please read carefully through the eligibility criteria before starting the application process.
- Your business operates in one of the following countries: Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Egypt, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda
- Your business is for-profit
- Your business has a turnover of less than US$ 15 million and assets less than US$ 6 million
- You require financing between US$ 100,000 and US$ 1.5 million
- The business is owner-operated and/or the owner is substantially involved in running the business