Deadline: July 31, 2022
Application is open for the SGC 2022 $pace is Business Competition. The Entrepreneurship and Investment Committee (EIC) of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) in cooperation with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) is pleased to launch another edition of the $pace is Business Competition this year. This competition is an opportunity for students and young professionals to share their views and analysis on the past, present, and future of entrepreneurship and investment within the space sector. The winner of this paper competition will be invited to present their paper at the IAF Business Innovation Symposium. This symposium is designed to offer papers that observe, study, analyze, describe, and/or propose any topic related to space activities that have commercial objectives, as described in the “Competition Description” section below, whether from an academic and/or practitioner perspective.
The content of papers may address any of the following topics related to the International Astronautical Congress’ E6 – Business Innovation Symposium:
- Topic 1 (Session E6.1) – Entrepreneurship and Innovation: The Practitioners’ Perspectives: Write a paper focusing on topics such as new business plans, new projects, recent experiences of startup companies, etc. from the perspective of the practitioner.
- Topic 2 (Session E6.2) – Finance and Investment: The Practitioners’ Perspectives: Write a paper focusing on topics related to finance and investment. Sample topics include ways to fund new firms, financial analysis of markets, descriptions of financing and/or banking enterprises, etc.
- Topic 3 (Session E6.3) – Innovation: The Academics’ Perspectives: This topic focuses on innovation from the academic perspective. It should follow the academic chapters of Introduction, Literature Review, Methods, Data, Results, Conclusions, etc. but can show research and analysis at any level on any aspect of business, entrepreneurship, innovation, organization theory, investment, etc.
- Topic 4 (Session E6.5) – Entrepreneurship Around the World: Write a paper on the topic focusing on the challenges and barriers experienced by real entrepreneurs around the around by real entrepreneurs in their different countries and regions around the world.
The main author of the winning paper will receive US$1600 in order to partially cover expenses to attend the following events and give a presentation at the IAF Business Innovation Symposium (session 6):
- Space Generation Congress (SGC) 2022: September 14 to 14, 2021 in Paris, France
- 73rd International Astronautical Congress (IAC) 2022: September 18 to 22, 2021 in Paris, France
The award will include provisions for travel, accommodation, and registration for SGC and IAC.
In case the IAC 2022 is held virtually, a gift certificate will be awarded to the competition winner instead.
Please submit your complete application using the Scholarship Submission Form in the “Apply!” section at the bottom of this page.
Please submit your documents as unlocked PDF files. Your name should be included at the top of all pages. Your submission should follow the competition guidelines detailed below.
Your applications will need to include a link to your 400-word abstract written in English.