Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full-service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars – Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Operationalize the human capital strategy to enable the business unit strategy:
- Translate the group and business line’s people strategy into operational plans for execution at business unit level.
- Ensure that all key decision makers in the business unit understand the links and how the people strategy will enable their business unit.
- Identify which of the standard people dashboards are most pertinent to the supported business unit. Highlight key metrics to the business executives. Help them understand what the metrics mean for their business.
- Provide input into the central business intelligence team if there are new needs from business.
- Define the people change approach for change started in the business or in Human Capital. Ensure that Business Partners are equipped with the right skills and tools to support the business through the changes. Recommend business on the level of employee and union consultation needed for key changes.
Engage with the business unit leadership to ensure that the business is appropriately resourced:
- Find where business delivery is affected due to poor structures, resource or capability gaps.
- Work with the individual executives to make changes to their organization structures to enable better service delivery or improved commercial performance.
- Review the job architecture for the business area at least on an annual basis to decide if there has been creep in the number or grades of jobs, inconsistencies in job title conventions and look for improvements and standardization opportunities.
- Work with job family owners to adjust.
- Drive the analysis of the skills gap in the business unit by engaging with learning specialists and supplying a forward-looking view of the business requirements. Find the training and other development opportunities already available in the bank.
- In partnership with line managers and Learning and Development, develop specific interventions to address business needs where existing programs do not meet the requirements.
Advise middle and senior managers on employee engagement, performance management, talent and reward best practices:
- Drive the process of goal setting in the business unit in line with business unit aims.
- Coach senior managers on the process and quality aspects of goal setting.
- Coordinate and preside over performance moderation exercises at a senior leadership level of the business.
- Recommend line on the appropriate performance distribution given their business unit performance.
- Track all employees on performance improvement plans and check the impact of the process. Ensure that all governance requirements are met.
- Drive the talent identification, potential assessment, talent review and development planning in the business unit.
- Ensure business executive participation in development interventions and mentoring.
- Work with learning and development to find the most effective development relative to individual needs of identified talent.
- Engage with business executives across the assigned business unit to explain the reward framework and how it supports their business objectives.
- Drive the business unit budget setting for staff cost and training by supplying expertise on expected salary increases changes in the composition of the workforce and skills gaps that may surface because of new strategic focus areas in the business.
- Drive the allocation of the business unit bonus and increase pots.
- Sense check allocations of bonuses and increases across the business function and engage with business executives where changes are needed. Facilitate, challenge and support grievance processes in this regard.
Lead a Human Capital Business Partnering Team:
- Develop a high performing team by embedding the bank’s performance process, regular performance feedback and coaching. Address deficient performance. Motivate team members and ensure that they receive recognition for work well done.
- Decide development needs of the team and ensure that development opportunities (training, rotation, on-the-job learning) are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including deciding the proper salary with input from the Human Capital Business Partner for Human Capital.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the business strategy and translate it into team deliverables.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that are in place for the area are understood by all members of the team.
- Ensure that the teams understand the compliance requirements in the function. Create actions to address gaps. Monitor compliance training attendance monthly and ensure that teams understand the importance of completing it.
- Ensure that the department has trained and adequate numbers of health and safety representatives.
- Log Risk Incidents because of operational errors or fraud in the department. Participate in formal investigations. Ensure that all events are properly analyzed and closed out.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Organizational Development, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- Post graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development are added Advantages.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Human Capital Business Partner within the Financial Service Industry and in Managing Senior Partners.
The Individuals we are looking for must have the listed competencies:
- Empowering Individuals: This competency emphasizes the empowerment of others, which includes encouraging others, motivating as well as inspiring them.
- Embracing Change: in the context of organizations is concerned with the extent to which individuals accept challenges and change as well as the extent to which individuals cope well with uncertainty.
- Directing People: This competency emphasizes the “leading” or “giving direction” part of leadership.
- Resolving Conflict: This competency is about effectively dealing with disagreements and conflict in the workplace.
- Showing Composure: This is about the extent to which individuals can remain calm under pressure and keep poise before and during important events.
- Technical Competencies
The Individuals we are looking for must have the listed competencies:
- Business Acumen: The ability to analyze business financial performance as well as competitor and external factors as it would apply to the people practice in the organization.
- Workforce Planning: Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices related to deciding workload projections and current and future competency gaps.
- Human Resource Consulting: The ability to engage with leadership, managers and employees using a consultative and engaging approach while balancing the needs of the employee with that of the employer.
- Managerial Budgeting: The ability to plan the work unit budget and manage income and expenditure, through responsible implementation of policies, practices and decisions.
- Talent Management: Knowledge and practical skills in the identification of talented individuals, assessment of potential, creation of develop plans and developing retention and engagement activities for these individuals.
- Organization Planning and Design: The ability to design organizational structures using Levels of Work, business processes and organizational strategic aims.
- Change Management: The ability to ensure that isolated and independent organizational change actions are integrated and sustained through a disciplined change process. Ability to apply change management principles and techniques for planning and implementing change in an organization.