Deadline: September 21, 2022
Every year, a new class is selected to represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world. Schwarzman Scholars are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. Prospective Scholars are expected to demonstrate academic excellence, exceptional results in their field, and outstanding leadership qualities.
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intelectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
Applicants selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive the following benefits-
- A comprehensive scholarship that will include tuition and fees, room and board
- Traveling costs to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year will be covered
- An in-country study tour
- Allowance for course books and supplies, health insurance, and a personal stipend
- Must have an undergraduate degree. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome.
- Must be 18-28 0f age.
- Proficient in the English language. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600. Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100. International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- The language requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an Undergraduate Institution where the Primary Language of Instruction was English for at least 2 Years of the Applicant’s Academic Program.