Deadline: February 28, 2022
Rural Business Development Grant (RBDG) is designed to provide technical assistance and training for small rural businesses. Small means that the business has fewer than 50 new workers and less than $1 million in gross revenue.
The purpose of the program is to promote economic development and job creation projects through the awarding of grant funds to eligible entities. Applications will compete in two separate categories, business opportunity grants, and business enterprise grants, for use in funding various business and community projects that serve rural areas.
- City or township governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- County governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- State governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Rural public entities include, but are not limited to: Towns, Communities, State agencies, Authorities, Nonprofit corporations, Institutions of higher education, Federally-recognized tribes, Rural cooperatives (if organized as a private nonprofit corporation).
- Provides Grant