Deadline: April 29, 2022
The Ray of Hope Prize® identifies the top nature-inspired startups in the world and fosters their growth by providing sustainable business training, communications support, and opportunities for non-dilutive funding—the top being a $100,000 equity-free prize.
Armed with nature’s billions of years of research and development, these startups are uniquely suited to address critical environmental and social issues at scale.
The program is designed for:
- Secure investment thanks to network introductions
- Gain paid proof-of-concept pilot contracts with major corporations
- Hire key employees using equity-free funding
- Gain inbound leads from global media
- Increase in sales attributed to messaging updates
- Join a community of like-minded leaders
- Scale more quickly in order to compete in the multi-billion dollar, extractive industries
- Avoid the common push to produce products cheaply, leading to further (unintentional) harm (such as the use of toxic chemicals)
- Easily communicate their science and biomimicry in order to create a brand advantage
- Expert Mentorship: Participants engage with our expert mentors and advisors throughout the program.
- Amplified Exposure: A multitude of opportunities for high-profile exposure through our media and content partners.
- Access to Funding: Ray of Hope Prize startups receive access to our vast network of business and investment contacts.
- Sustainable Business Training: Introduction to sustainability tools and processes like life-cycle assessments, green chemistry, and ethical supply chains.
- Nature Expeditions: Nature immersions bring startups to remarkable locations, deepening their connection to nature and strengthening relationships.
- Philanthropic Capital: The top-rated startup is awarded the $100,000 grand prize, the runner-up receives $25,000, and an additional $25,000 in prizes are distributed.