Deadline: 24 May, 2022
Applications are now open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS). QECS offers a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle-income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia.
- QECS awards are only for new students and cannot be used to fund a course that has already been started.
- QECS is available for master’s degrees only.
- The QECS will only fund two-year Masters’s Courses.
- Please check with your preferred university to ensure you meet the entry requirements for your chosen courses.
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval