Deadline: September 12, 2022
The Climate Literacy & Action Training is a 5-session online course by QS World Merit and UN PRME Working Group on Climate Change & Environment that equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an impact on research, work, and communities, addressing climate change.
The sessions will cover the following topics:
- Positive futures scenarios and Climate Justice.
- Climate Science and the matching high impact climate solutions.
- Carbon calculation and individual action.
- Climate Change Mitigation: a system approach.
- Work on your own Action Plan.
The course will be delivered by Dr. Petra Molthan-Hill, Chair of the UN PRME Working Group on Climate Change & Environment, Professor at Nottingham Business School, UK; Editor of the “Business Student’s Guide to Sustainable Management”, Routledge, in collaboration with QS World Merit Charity and international expert facilitators. The Climate Literacy & Action Training was developed by Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, in collaboration with the UN PRME Champions, Oikos International, and the Carbon Literacy Project. It also includes an introduction to En-ROADS developed by Climate Interactive in collaboration with MIT Sloan and Ventana Systems. The course has won multiple awards, including the most recent Gold in the Sustainability category at QS-Wharton Reimagine Education Global Awards 2021.
- Participants who complete all five sessions and the final project will receive a certificate issued by the Carbon Literacy Project.
- Open to individuals from around the world.
- Applicant must be committed to participating for the entire duration of the programme.
You will need to create an account at the QS World Merit platform to unlock this training. Participants will receive an email to confirm their registration.