Deadline: October 7, 2022
Applications are open for Polygon Bootcamp Africa, launched in partnership with Xend Finance! The eight-week intensive educational course and hackathon combo will put developers in Africa on the Web3 map. This is Polygon’s biggest step in providing resources to developers, builders, and creators in Africa, and it comes during an important time.
Polygon Bootcamp Africa is split into two concurrent tracks:
- Beginner track: for Web3 newbies and Web2 developers looking for a change. This is your start to a different career, a new web, and capturing more of the value you create. Participants will learn all about blockchain mechanics, writing smart contracts, decentralized computing, and what it takes to launch an app.
- Mastery tracks: for the well-traveled Web3 builders with a few feathers in their cap. You might be moonlighting as a Web3 developer, or maybe you’ve committed your career to the new web. Participants will learn the ins and outs of Polygon’s scaling solutions.
- The top three Beginner projects will be considered for bounties of $5,000, $3,000, and $2,000, respectively, while Mastery projects will compete for bounties of $10,000, $7,000, and $5,000.
- The top Mastery submissions will also be funneled into Polygon’s Accelerator program, to ensure more mentorship and funding.
- In addition to swag for ALL participants, another 10 runner-up Beginner projects, and 30 runner-ups in Mastery, will receive $500 and $750, respectively.
- The Beginners track is open for developers who are new in the web3 space and do not have any web3 experience yet.
- The Master track will focus on advanced web3 education and is targeted at those who have some experience in the web3 space.
- Participants will form teams or build projects individually with the help of industry mentors.
- Team applications are allowed, but all participants are expected to participate in the learning phase.
The Learning Phase of the programme is 6 weeks while the hackathon phase of the programme is 2 weeks. You are required to commit 40hrs/week during the learning phase.