Deadline: July 15 2022
The 2022 Youth Leadership Debates is about giving confidence to your voice; leveraging your voice as an effective tool to bring about a transformed Nigeria. The goal of the Youth Leadership Debate Competition is to provide capacity building to select young people across tertiary institutions and support them to critically evaluate information, to advocate from the point of knowledge, and to collectively shape their vision for Nigeria, hence equipping them to be active citizens.
1. A team of 3 to 4 students from same tertiary institution apply by sending in a video of not more than 5 mins with 2 debaters addressing any socioeconomic issue from the 7 thematic areas
2. Video should be uploaded on any social media platform, and the link to the video should be provided on the application form3. Evidence, such as course forms, of each team member enrolled in the institution would be required
Debate entries should be focused on the following thematic areas:!
- Employment and Education
- Media, Sport and Entertainment
- Peace building and Security
- ICT and Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change and Environment
- Civic participation
- A Laptop for each member of the team + other benefits
- Tablets for each member of the team + other benefits