Deadline: June 15, 2022
The grant-making component of the NYFF is pivotal in bridging the gap for underfunded youth activists and youth focused organizations in order to strengthen the effectiveness and impact of their work. This is quite important given that there is still a huge gap between funds available for young people and the amount of funds actually managed by them. In its first grant cycle, the NYFF will provide small(<$8500), medium (<20,000) and large grants (<$50,000) to individuals and organizations serving different youth-focused communities or causes.
Eligibility Criteria for individual and Organization
- The beneficiary must be a Young Change Makers (aged 15- 35 years) with a proven track record, working on a sustainable solution that directly addresses any of the seven thematic areas.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate good understanding and experience of strategic planning, vision setting and project management.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate experience and knowledge of community or team building following principles of honesty and integrity
- The Beneficiary must demonstrate talent and passion for new ways of behaving, norms and actions,
The beneficiary must have genuine means of identification or attached to an institution.
- The beneficiary must supply a police clearance report and provide 3 reputable referees.
- The organization must be a formally registered organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria. Otherwise, an unregistered organization can form a cluster and apply through a registered organization.
- The organization must have a partnership capacity in all the states in their geo-political region.
- The organization must have police clearance, tax clearance and SCUML certificate
- The organization must have good antecedents and proper track records.
- Youth-driven transformation activities, civic and transformation hub depending on the grant category, working on sustainable solutions that directly addresses any of the agreed thematic areas.
- The organization must have a physical address, corporate account with good financial standing and records
- Small Grant: This grant type is for 6o beneficiaries(Individual): $500–$1000
- Action Grant : For 40 Grassroots and Community-based Organization : $1000- $3000
- Development Grant : For 25 Youth-led & Youth focused organizations: $3000-$6,000
- Catalytic Grant: For 8 civic and innovation hubs focusing on institutional strengthening of Youth-oriented activities and organizations; $40,000