Deadline: 5 August 2022
The Nurturing Emerging Scholars Programme (NESP), offered in partnership with the French Embassy in South Africa, is a national programme aimed at supporting South African prospective academics to pursue Master’s degrees in areas of need at a Public French university for a period of 2 years followed immediately by a 1-year academic internship at a recruiting South African university.
Who can apply?
In addition to meeting the criteria specified by the University, applicants must:
– Show interest in becoming an academic;
– Be 35 years or younger;
– Be a South African citizen;
– A minimum average of 65% attained in an appropriate Level 8 qualification;
– Show commitment to placement at the recruiting South African University for the full 3 years of the programme (2 years studying at any French public university, and 1 year of internship at the recruiting South African university)
Fields of Study
– Marine Science Physical-Oceanography
– Information and communication technology
What the scholarship offers
– Cost of registration and tuition for the Master’s degree;
– Guidance and mentorship;
– Assistance with potential international mobility experience;
– Enhancing your research and teaching abilities;
– A year of internship in South African University after completion of the Master’s degree.