Deadline: April 22, 2022.
Every year we award the Bell Labs Prize to an innovator that we believe will lay the foundations of the next technology revolution and in the process, manifestly change the way we live, work and communicate. If you have an inventive new idea and proof of concept and are interested in developing it further with leading Nokia Bell Labs researchers, you’ve come to the right place.
The competition is open to anyone in any of the participating countries. Contestants must own their ideas and meet the eligibility requirements.
Register and submit your idea in 250 words or less. Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach additional documentation. If your innovation is among the top 20 submissions, we’ll invite you to work with one of our researchers to refine the proposition to maximize the potential impact. To learn more read the terms and conditions.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Employees, partners, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest
- Interns employed by Nokia or Nokia Bell Labs or their affiliates are eligible to participate
- Teams of up to four are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the full eligibility requirements
- Reside in one of the following countries:
United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
- Nokia Bell Labs awards a first prize of $100K, a second prize of $50K and a third prize of $25K, all paid directly to prize winners.
- All three winners are also considered for the unique opportunity to work within the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs to further explore their ideas, following the end of the competition.