Deadline: January 31, 2023
The NIHCM Foundation Health Care Digital Media Award recognizes excellence in digital media that improves understanding of healthcare topics through analysis grounded in empirical evidence.
The NIHCM Awards recognize the tremendous contributions of researchers and journalists who brought to light new evidence that advances the health system and the health of Americans.
- A $20,000 prize will be presented to the winner.
- Entries must have originally been published in 2022.
- Entry is limited to articles featuring digital content produced specifically for an online audience, which may include video, graphics, and/or multimedia. If digital content is not central to your story, please view the eligibility criteria for our General Circulation Award.
- Entries should not be largely the same as stories that ran in print publications or that were broadcast on television or radio.
- Entries must examine issues related to health or the healthcare system.
- Entries that express policy preferences will be considered only if supported with a citation of empirical evidence.
- Entries from news sites, independent blogs, newspapers or journals, and blogs associated with universities or other organizations will be accepted.
- Influential in terms of sparking policy change, broadly informing the public, and/or stimulating conversation on timely issues
- Effective use of the unique powers and attributes of digital media
- The digital content should be the focus of the story and the central storytelling tool.
- Logical, clear, and insightful analysis
- Uses credible evidence to substantiate ideas
- Entry is free
- Limit two entries per entrant
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are: linked by topic or produced by the same author or by a collaborative team of authors
- An entry can be a series of posts as long as the posts are linked by topic and the articles can be recognized as a series.