Deadline: October 20, 2022
The awards will promote the works of undergraduate student reporters who have excellently carried out news coverage of topical issues on and off campus in various Nigerian Universities.
The following are the award categories:
- Best Investigative Reporting
- Best Gender Story
- Health Reporter of the year
- Best Environment/Climate Change Story
- Best Conflict Reporting
- Best Fact Check
- Best Budgetary Tracking Procurement Story
- Best Election Observation Report
- Sports Writer of the year
- Campus Journalist of the Year
- Open to Nigerian undergraduate student reporters who have their works published on the Campus Reporter Website and other media platforms.
- Candidates cannot submit more than one story in a category, and each candidate is eligible to apply for only two categories.
- Entries for more than two categories will be disqualified. Also, submitting more than one story in a category will lead to disqualification.
- No entry fee.
- Entries are expected to have been published between January 2021 and August 2022.
- Entries must be submitted online on or before 20th October 2022. No extensions will be made for late entries.
- Only one report must be submitted per category.
- Applicants cannot submit entries for more than two categories
- Please, carefully review the report and ensure it is satisfactory for the chosen category before submitting it.
- Fill in all the details requested on the entry form.
- For entries published on electronic media (Television and Radio), applicants should upload the news file in a google drive document and share the link while filling out the entry form appropriately.
- The judges reserve the right not to select a winner in any category if the quality of entries is below the standard required or if an entry is submitted for the wrong category.
- Campus Journalist of the Year will be determined by the total points a campus journalist accumulates from nominations in two categories: Best Investigative Reporting and any other developmental category. In the case of a tie, the board of judges will have to split the award.
Interested applicant should send in their entries on or before October 20, 2022.