Deadline: October 3, 2022
The MPIL Journalist in Residence Fellowship enables journalists with several years of experience to spend three months at the Institute. The time and duration of the stay (between January and December 2023) are agreed upon individually.
MPIL Journalists in Residence are free to pursue their own research. They are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to exchange ideas with researchers at the institute and to participate in our various work and discussion formats.
- A research grant of €3,000 per month is offered for the duration of the stay. The Institute provides desk space and access to all research resources in the Institute’s library.
- Open to freelance and staff journalists from all media (print, online, radio, television) who report and write regularly on legal and constitutional topics, or topics from politics, the economy, and research-related topics.
To apply, fill out the online application form and upload one PDF file with relevant documents, consisting of:
- a brief portrait of your own journalistic work
- a curriculum vitae
- three work samples with relevance to the research topics of the institute
- a short outline of your proposed research, planned for your stay at the Institute (max. 2000 characters)
- details of your preferred dates (between January and December 2023) and intended duration of stay.