Deadline: June 5,2022
At Telefónica Hispanoamérica we aim to promote universal access to the advantages offered by digital services, which is why we approach digital inclusion from a cross-cutting vision that includes the pillars of Accessibility and Affordability, as well as Digital Skills, Connectivity and Innovation in Digital Content and Services. For this reason, in our Company and through the Digital Pact, we advocate that technology and digitalization are our best allies to rebuild the best for our societies and economies. We promote a fair and sustainable digital transition, which is only possible with the efforts of society.
Likewise, for more than 20 years, the Telefónica Foundation has been working in the formal and non-formal education sector to enrich teaching proposals through the introduction of new technologies (ICT) not only as practices for innovation and school transformation, but also as valuable tools for inclusion.
In addition, the emergence of COVID-19 has highlighted the relevance of connectivity for people’s lives. Therefore, in this context, digital inclusion has special relevance, mainly directed towards the urgent reduction of the technological gap in rural areas of Latin American countries.
In 2021, we were delighted to have collaborated with One Young World to create for the first time the Digital Inclusion Scholarship. The Digital Inclusion Scholarship selected the brightest and most talented young leaders from: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. These young leaders attended the One Young World 2021 Summit digitally whilst representing Telefonica in these countries. They created the Digital Inclusion Community Taskforce to join the efforts of several countries in the Latin American region, in order to create an initiative that can make a huge impact regardless of physical borders. The purpose will be to work around education and digital integration in populations in a state of vulnerability.
Therefore, building on the success of the 2021 programme, Telefónica will continue this partnership with One Young World to support young leaders in the field of technology, innovation, digital skills, inclusion and education at rural areas of Latin American countries. We are also pleased to announce that “42 Madrid” from Fundación Telefónica will join the digital inclusion scholarship this year.
The selected young leaders will have the opportunity to participate in this year’s 2022 Summit which will take place between the 5th and 8th of September in-person in Manchester, United Kingdom.
What does the scholarship provide?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community
- Hotel accommodation on a private room between 5th – 8th (inclusive) September 2022 for the Summit
- One night of hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (flights in economy)
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (flight in economy)
- Travel to the visa application process (if required)
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and required travel for visa appointment)
- Catering which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation and, lunch and dinner at the Summit
- 7 days of daily expenses (£15 per day)
- Travel Insurance between 3rd – 9th September 2022
- 42 Madrid Experience (pre-Summit day meet-up in Madrid)
- Aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022 which will take place from 5-8 September 2022.
- Eligible Nationalities: Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, and Venezuela.
- Lead an initiative focused on bridging the digital divide in rural areas of Latin American
- Lead an initiative with a special focus on innovation.
- Evidenced impact of the initiative.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Commitment and potential benefit to the communities or territories where he/she belongs.
- Willingness to be fully engaged with Movistar Delegates.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.