Deadline: April 30, 2022
To increase the attractiveness of foreign students, the University of Milan (UniMi), Italy, is offering to its future international students 155 scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. The University of Milan Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to the best 155 applicants among all those who have applied for admission to a master’s program before May 30, 2022. Meanwhile, a number of scholarships will be reserved for applicants in the Medicine and Surgery program.
The University of Milan is a public teaching and research university. It is considered as a leading institute in Italy and Europe for scientific productivity. Furthermore, it is the only Italian university to be part of the LERU (League of European Research Universities). The University of Milan is the largest one in its region, with approximately 65,000 students.
The University of Milan possesses a remarkable artistic and cultural heritage that includes important historic buildings, inherited and acquired collections, archives, botanical gardens and the old Brera Observatory.
For the 2021/2022 academic year, 155 excellence scholarships will be offered to the best international students admitted to a master’s program. It includes :
- 55 fully-funded scholarships worth €6,000 each in addition to the tuition fee exemption.
- 100 partial scholarships offering a full tuition fee waivers all-inclusive.
The scholarship will be paid in two installments amounting to half of the scholarship value: the first installment will be paid once enrollment is completed. The second installment will be paid once the recipient has earned 30% of the credits required in the first year of the degree program study plan.
- International students who have obtained an undergraduate degree (bachelor degree or equivalent) abroad and who submitted or will be submitting an application for admission to a master’s program are, automatically, considered for the excellence scholarships of the University of Milan.
- For the first year, students have to meet specific merit requirements based on the Bachelor’s degree academic records and on the curriculum vitae submitted during the admission application. For the second year, the merit requirements are based on their academic records.
- The University of Milan offers 68 master’s programs, 31 of which are taught in English. Check the full list of master programs of the University of Milan on the official web link.
Eligible Regions: OPEN FOR ALL
There is no separate application process for the scholarship. Applicants submitting a complete application to a master’s program will be considered automatically.
To apply to a master’s program, and therefore be considered for the University of Milan scholarships, follow these steps:
- Register on the University of Milan portal by accessing the page: https://registrazione.unimi.it/reg_utenti_esterni/registrazione/form.html. At the end of the registration process, you will receive an e-mail for the activation of your account at the address provided during the registration process. The credentials must be activated within 24 hours, otherwise, the registration must be repeated.
- Authenticate yourself at: https://studente.unimi.it/ammissioni/a/magistraliLibero/checkLogin.asp.
- Choose the course you are interested in and fill in the online form with your personal data.
- At the end of the online registration, you will receive a receipt, which is also sent to the email address used for the application.