Deadline: October 7, 2022
MEST Scale is a venture acceleration program designed by MEST, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, to help Small and Growing Businesses strengthen their operations, address key technology gaps and increase their ability and capacity to scale their growth.
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) play a critical role in Ghana’s socio-economic growth. They represent over 80% of enterprises in the Ghanaian market. However, despite the significant role they play in the development of their communities and the economy, SMEs face a number of key challenges that make it difficult for them to scale up sustainably.
MEST Scale is looking to support startups and SMEs that are ready to scale, they meet the following requirement to make them eligible:
- Sales and traction
- Has annual sales minimum of $150,000
- Demonstrates at least three years of strong revenue growth
- If unprofitable, has a plan and path for financial breakeven
- Commercially viable venture with strong product-market fit with a primary challenge of determining why, where, what, and how to scale
- Personnel and talent
- Minimum of 5 full-time management staff, a total of 10 staff minimum
- The team should consist of more than 5 team members that are non-management staff