Deadline: September 25, 2022
The Academy is a specialized music and entertainment institute with the purpose of identifying, training, accompanying, and showcasing young people with exceptional potential and passion in music and arts.
The goal of the project is to promote the socioeconomic integration of young people (especially women, IDP, and minorities) in arts and entertainment. We expect to provide orientation and capacity building for 15 semi-professionals, to give them a better understanding of the ecosystem and tools that can favor their chances of being successful and building sustainable careers.
This first cohort will undergo a 3 months regulus training. This cohort will be made up of 15 young people (10 for music performance track, and 5 for the Music Business track). Four of the trainees in the music performance track will be selected at the end to undergo a 2 weeks production residency program. While the primary goal of the project is training, the candidates will also be assisted with a basic minimum package to help them kickstart their careers including a grand live showcase.
- 3 Months of Training in Music Performace & Music Business
- Career guidance and orientation
- Possibility to be selected for the residence program which will include 2 intensive weeks of music production, and result in the production of a joint extended play album for the 4 participants with Mr. Leo and other celebrated artists
- Possibility to showcase at the Lionn Academy Annual Showcase, which brings about several industry professionals and the general public
- Artistic pack which includes: photoshoot, live performance video, music video, press book
- Connection/exposure to record labels, managers, booking agents, mentors etc within the industry
- An opportunity to interact with global influencers and leaders from different sectors.
- A Certificate of Completion
- Tuition is free for all selected applicants.
- Each candidate should be able to cover transportation to and fro the Academy for the duration of the training and associated activities.
- Lionn Academy and its partners may offer housing/feeding scholarships for a maximum of 5 candidates (priority given to IDP, and candidates based out of Douala).
- Open to both female and male singers, and performing artists
- Must be 18 to 35 years old
- Music performance candidates Must be able to play an instrument or create instrumentals
- Must submit a video link of him/her singing acapella while playing an instrument or an instrumental (beat) (Youtube)
- Applicants with a disability, from minority groups and IDPs, will be prioritized.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will hold from September 26-29, 2022.