Deadline: July 3, 2022
With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching, for the second year, an online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
The 2022 call includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested (see detailed information of each scholarship).
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfil the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be allowed.
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity card/Passport
- University Degree (as required)
- Academic Record
- Motivation letter
- Official language level accreditation if required
- Any document specifically required by the scholarship
How To Apply
To apply for Learn Africa Canarias scholarships you NEED to register on the platform. The procedure to register is the same as in previous editions, below you can find an explanatory video. If you are already registered, you can use the same username.
Have a look at the available scholarships and click on the button “Apply”. A form will be shown and you will have to fill in all your details and attach the requested documents. We suggest you read the form in detail and have all the information/documents prepared before completing it. In the form, you must select a single course.
Important: before submitting your application form, please check all the information you input. Once the application has been submitted, it CANNOT be further modified.