Application Deadline: 31 May 2021
The inaugural KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition will recognize Africa’s leading tech innovators and future tech titans.
At KPMG Private Enterprise we understand the impact that technology trailblazers like you are having on the world.
Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled, tech-led or tech-driven, we want to hear from you.
We’re inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Africa – and in 15 other countries in most major regions of the world. You’ll pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions to a panel of industry experts.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle – from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion – our aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business to the next level.
What’s in it for you at KPMG Tech Innovator?
From tech innovator to future tech titan – finalists will receive an unrivalled platform to profile your business:
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report” and local media profiles. They will also receive global attention among key influencers at Web Summit 2021, Lisbon, in November.
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and local media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
- Go global: Winners will automatically progress to the Global Tech Innovator final, to be hosted at Web Summit 2021, Lisbon, in November.
What makes a KPMG Global Tech Innovator?
Applicants are typically technology entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the startup phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses.
They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in Africa country where the final is being held
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Be available to pitch at African semi-final event at the end of June 2021.
- Available to pitch virtually at African final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin
- If selected as a finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2021
What are we looking for?
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decisions of the panel will be final.