Deadline: 31st december 2021
Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme 2022: The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) in collaboration with the Kofi Annan Foundation is pleased to announce the Kofi Annan Fellowship in Public Health Leadership Programme targeting aspirational leaders with a background in any field of public health.
The fellowship aims to support leaders in the public health in Africa acquire advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will positively transform public health in Africa. Applicants are encouraged to apply before the application deadline.
Eligibility Criteria | Kofi Annan Gloabal Health Leadership Programme
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Must be citizens of an African Union Member State.
- Possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health.
- Have relevant professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health.
- Be in full-time employment in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa.
- Have a good track record or be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations.
- All costs associated with the fellowship
- Travel allowance
- Daily allowance
- Insurance during residential placements
- Access to relevant software for online learning
How-to-Apply: All applications for the Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme must be submitted using the online application form. Applicants are to provide the following information:
- A supporting letter from the current employer to confirm employment guaranteeing participation inf the fellowship.
- Letters of recommendation from two professional referees
- A personal statement of not more than 500 words providing evidence of the applicant’s commitment to public health in Africa.
- A leadership challenge project proposal not more than 750 words outlining potential leadership challenge project they will implement.