Deadline: October 2, 2022
The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. Selected journalists will be invited to Berlin to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit by November 2022.
Falling Walls Science Summit is the leading forum for global science leaders focusing on science breakthroughs. The summit takes place every year in Berlin from 7 – 9 November, the anniversary day of the fall of the Berlin Wall. This holistic approach to international, interdisciplinary, and intersectoral discourse is globally unique and attracts leading researchers, CTOs, science strategists, science funders, and media worldwide.
FALLING WALLS SCIENCE SUMMIT TOPICS
Please choose up to three topics that you would like to report on:
- Discovering Earth & SpaceArt and Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Climate Crisis & Sustainability
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Future Learning
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Science and Innovation Management
- Science Engagement
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Up to twenty media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- The grant will be awarded as a lump sum and includes travel, accommodation, and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.
- Applications are open to international media representatives with a proven track journalist record (freelance or staff).
- Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
- There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.